Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until December 11th. Please note that some internships sites have internal deadlines.
- Review the internship descriptions.
- Visit your potential internship websites. Consider your schedule, transportation needs, and any extra requirements imposed by individual sites
- Before submitting an application, double check with PHI Director, Tawny Paul, that the site is still available. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the HistoryCorps application here: HistoryCorps-Application-Form-Winter2021
- For help writing or editing your resume, see the UCLA Career Guide Chapter 5 – Resumes and Cover Letters. https://www.career.ucla.edu/Resume
- Submit the completed application by email to email@example.com
- History major OR History minor who has successfully completed two (2) upper division history classes
- Junior or Senior status (completed 90 or more units)
- Good academic standing: at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Attend biweekly meetings with the TA at the Center for Community Learning (CCL)
- Complete eight (8) weekly journal/writing assignments
- Submit a final research paper
- Log a minimum of 80 hours of work at internship site
- Enrollment in a 195CE internship course is via a course contract and CANNOT be completed through URSA
- Complete the HistoryCorps Application
- Interview with the HistoryCorps Program Coordinator
- If referred, it your responsibility to set up an interview with the site supervisor
- If you are offered an internship, complete the intake process with CCL
- Obtain the signature of the internship site supervisor on the contract course form
- Submit the completed contract course form to CCL
- CCL will forward your course contract to the history department to obtain the necessary signatures. Please do not contact the history department chair directly to obtain a signature.
- Space is limited. Submit a completed contract course form as soon as possible and no later than Friday of Week 2